Friday, November 11, 2011

More Cute Baby Hats

Remember the last set of hats I did? Well, I'm still at it trying different yarns and variegated colors.  And I'm learning a few things. 
This first hat is a yarn I bought at Joann's a couple of years ago that I was going to make socks with.  That hasn't happened.  I decided to use it on a baby's hat.  It came out stripey which did disappoint me even though now I like it.  I found out if you take the wrapper off and look at the skein that way, you'll get a good idea how it will knit up.  That worked for this yarn and for the Fabels.  So when I go to buy I know what to do.  That is on a 6 month old cousin of Eloise, Hannah.


 She did a really good job of always moving her head so I could get pics at different angles.  It's like she knew she was posing.


The rest of these yarns are Drops Fabel.  I just made different sizes.  This first is a 12-18 month.  Lawson gets to enjoy this hat all winter long.  Isn't he cute?  I like his little nose.


Then I made the larger size hats.  This is a size 2.  I was going to try it on Annie's younger sister, but she didn't want to put a hat on.  Annie, who I think is 3 was ready and willing to pose.  She got in position and put on a smile and it just said "I'm ready"  Head sizes don't change much when children get certain ages and this hat fit her fine.  And she does make a cute picture.


 This color is Guacamole.  Doesn't it look like that?


 And this last hat is the largest size 3-4.  I'm not sure how old Ethan is but this hat goes on him well also.  He wears it like the big boys would - untied.  I love how all the colors play out in these Fabel yarns.



This is linked to Whoop-Whoop Friday.

11 comments:

  1. Such cute hats! I don't knit, so I admire those that do! Sweet.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those are great hats! I love them all!

    Vicki @ Quilting Lodge

    ReplyDelete
  3. The hats are cute, and the models are gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So sweet.I love knitted/crocheted things to pieces!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh your post made me smile with your adorable models! Those hats are so darn cute!!! I've going crazy making baby things and have done any hats.......hmmmm just when I thought I was done with the baby stuff you make me rethink! Beautiful hats!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your hats are wonderful! And the models are perfection - they really set off your work! Whoop whoop!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely hats. One of the projects on my needles is a baby sweater from self-striping sock yarn; I also have three pairs of socks on the needles!

    ReplyDelete
  8. So sweet! Great job & beautiful models! Whoop Whoop!

    ReplyDelete
  9. The hats are darling. My Clara Dressy was a very fast and easy knit. I had plenty of yarn and only used about 3 balls (109 yds each) of yarn. Libby

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you. Please feel free to leave a comment.