Monday, November 21, 2011

Vintage Tablecloth

My  twin daughters had their 21st birthday on Saturday.  My oldest daughter was doing a little decorating for it and needed a cream tablecloth. I didn't have any, so I thought.  Then I remembered this one.




It was one I had crocheted for my mom back in the 70's.


 It was probably done from instructions written in German and may have  been knitted in Switzerland or Germany when I lived there.

Isn't this a nice job of decorating?

I gave it to my mom and after she had passed away I received it back. It is rectangular and much smaller than my table, so I had never used it.


 But Naomi did a quick pressing on it and made it work nicely.  How many hours this must have taken to make.  And  something I made is now a vintage item.  Maybe I'm vintage.



Happy Birthday Girls.


This is linked to Made by You Monday

2 comments:

  1. Happy birthday to both of your girls. I have a hand crocheted tablecloth and a handknitted bedspread - both made by my grandmother between 1976 and 1983. I cherish them both.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, your girls are adorable. I love the hand croceheted table cloth. Gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you. Please feel free to leave a comment.