Friday, March 4, 2011

Several moons ago, a friend of mine, who knits and liked my knitting needle case, mentioned that she would buy one from me for her double-pointed needles and I told her I would make one and give it to her (for free).  Sometimes it's easy to put friends behind customers, or not take them too seriously.  Is that good?  I don't think so. 
Well, she had the courage to mention it to me again.  I decided to get it done.  And she just had a birthday, so what a good excuse for a birthday present.
 I used a Butterick pattern which I shortened since it is just for the DP needles and not the long ones. It is a very easy pattern and took only about an hour to make. 
This pic shows my needles in it which blend in with the background.


It rolls up nicely and ties with a ribbon.  It's great for travel and easy storage.


I got to practice some freehand quilting on my Bernina using Wendy from Ivory Spring as my inspiration.  I'm not very good at regulating stitches on this machine.


Happy Birthday, Leah.

1 comment:

  1. Thank you Elaine. It is perfect!

    And by the way, I've never seen you put me "behind your customers" (hey, once in a while I AM one of your customers :). And whenever you offer to make me something special, you better believe I'm gonna take you up on it! All the things you make are so beautiful and useful.

    In fact I plan on becoming a "customer" again as soon as this baby's born. There are a few blankets and hats I've seen on your site that I am definitely ordering when the time comes.

    Thank you again. (The quilting makes it all the more special.)

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you. Please feel free to leave a comment.