Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Trying Out Some Ideas

This quilt is one I'm quilting for my guild.  It's a great time to try some things out that I can mess around with.  I've been enjoying the work of Judi at Green Fairy Quilts.  I put some of the ideas she's used on her last quilts here.  This was the perfect quilt to work on with all the blank spaces intermixed with the patchwork blocks.
I did not use the stitch regulator on this quilt, which is pretty new to me trying not to get little bird's nests in the back where I pause.  I did get better at that.  I also was doing designs with no marking on the quilt.

I practiced no mark feathers doing them different ways and just trying to get neater and not rush so much.  I don't know if I really accomplished that.  The swirls were great also.
_____________________________________________________________________________________

THE SEVENTH COMMANDMENT

Thou shalt not steal.

What does this mean?  We should fear and love God that we may not take our neighbor's money or goods, nor get them by false ware or dealing, but help him to improve and protect his property and business.
                                    Martin Luther's Small Catechism

Isn't this great?

1 comment:

  1. I like the blend of the traditional and contemporary on this quilt. Also I think your quilting looks great.

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you. Please feel free to leave a comment.