Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Sea and Shells Stole

I decided it was time to knit something for myself.  When I get to feeling a little cool, I'm always looking for something to wrap around my shoulders. The sleeves get in the way with sweaters or jackets.  When I'm in Hawaii and the cloud comes up a sarong is just perfect.

I was searching on Ravelry for shawls, but what I was finding were triangular pieces of very beautiful lace work.  My idea was rectangular.  Then I came upon the word "stole" and that's where I found what I was looking for.

This is a free pattern.  It is a test for me.  It calls for a lace cast on, so I had to do a little research and I came up with a site that had the one I was looking for.  It also told why you use it - so your edge isn't tight.  It didn't really work for me (it was very tight), so I ended up doing my normal cast on loosely. That seems to be OK.  I did have to start the project over a couple of times, mostly because I would lose my place in reading the pattern.  But now it is slowly working.
12 rows a day could get it finished in a month and a half.  Anyways, it's small enough to be a good vacation project.

I also knitted up some dishcloths this weekend using my own pattern.  I really like knitted dishcloths because of their elasticity and the  texture makes for nice scrubbing. I'll put these in our store and take the ugliest ones out for my use.
 ___________________________________________________________________________________
THE FIFTH COMMANDMENT

Thou shalt not kill.

What does this mean?  We should fear and love God that we may not hurt nor harm our neighbor in his body, but help an befriend him in every bodily need.
                                               Martin Luther's Small Catechism

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you. Please feel free to leave a comment.