Monday, August 9, 2010

One Weeks Progress

I'm doing better than I thought on my stole.  But the more you do it, the better you get.  I can do approx. a repeat and a half each evening.  And it doesn't take as much concentration as it did, although it still takes some. I have 13 repeats done.

It's not as wide as I had hoped it to be.  The pattern didn't give a gauge and I went down 2 needles sizes because that is my norm in any pattern.  I could have gone with the asked for size and had a wider stole.
Can you find a mistake in this picture?  I do have a few in there, but for a beginner, I don't think it's bad.  I have done a lot of carefully taking out and also counting back to see where my mistake might be.  One time I couldn't find it and just had to make the adjustment to have the correct amount of stitches.
When I get tired of concentrating and want to relax, I've switched to other knitting.  After all, evening knitting is supposed to be relaxing, at least that's what I think.  So I'm making dishcloths out of all my scrap cotton.  I needed something to do with that yarn.  I don't like the idea of just throwing it out because there's not enough to make something.  It's not exactly the colors you'd pick to go with each other.  I did another out of blues also.

__________________________________________________________________________________
THE SIXTH COMMANDMENT

Thou shalt not commit adultery.

What does this mean?  We should fear and love God that we may lead a chaste and decent life in word and deed, and each love and honor his spouse.

                                           Martin Luther's Small Catechism

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you. Please feel free to leave a comment.