Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Helen's Quilt

She did her quilt out of vintage dress fabrics. They were very sheer and took some care.  I had  a problem with one portion puckering on the back.  I think it's because my knob was stripping that holds the quilt taut. I ripped out some but didn't want to do too much because of the sheerness of the fabric. At least the back is busy and doesn't show much.
This shows the flower I did in the center of the squares with leaves surrounding them.

___________________________________________________________________________________

The Constitution is not an instrument for the government to restrain the people, it is an instrument for the people to restrain the government lest it come to dominate our lives and interests.
                                                                                                                                           Patrick Henry

1 comment:

  1. Elaine,

    Beautiful quilt - I like how you have quilted it. Love that Patrick Henry quilt too!

    Thanks for the heads up on the Jane Austen book - I will see my local library has a copy.

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you. Please feel free to leave a comment.