Thursday, July 9, 2009

Lilies and feathers

I'm working some more on this lily wallhanging. I have appliqued the stems in place. I'll save the leaves and flowers for my vacation. I then pieced the corner units today. There will be a dark narrow border around that, and then a wide border with a one color applique and more borders after that. Sometimes I wonder about my color choices, but we'll see how it turns out.I'm playing and practicing with feathers on this quilt. I've never done the outlining around them before, but I like that kind of look. I'm putting a few little twirls in also. I like drawing a curvy spine and then seeing how it works. I get some of my feathers too close to it's neighbor across the way.


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you. Please feel free to leave a comment.