Friday, November 23, 2012

More on Mug Rugs

The house mug rug is now finished.


 And now it's on to a new one.  A birdhouse.  This has a little more to it.  I could wish for a die cutter now.

Eloise(my 2 yr old granddaughter) saw it and knew exactly what to do with it.  Put it under the presser foot on the sewing machine.  It's a good thing she had already taken the bobbin out.  One day she will do a great job of sewing.


 I'm in the midst of getting it all fused on.  I will figure out the design for a butterfly to add to it.





3 comments:

  1. Oh! Your mug rugs are darling. My daughters (age 2 and 4) like to "sew" with me as well. This involves sitting on my lap and occasionally pushing the backstitch button. My older daughter likes to pin scraps together and tells me she is making a bag, or a quilt, or a skirt.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great mug rugs. I love appli.que. my daughters both played with the sewing machine. Now they are grown up and sew their own things. They are happy I encouraged them to sew.

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you. Please feel free to leave a comment.