Friday, November 16, 2012

ABC Quilt

This is the only kit I've ever bought to make a quilt from, but it was so cute I couldn't pass it up.  I started it back in April.     It didn't take me long to get the borders on all the squares.  And I believe that was the last time I showed it on this blog.  I didn't know who I was going to give it to, so I never got it finished.
Now I know where it's going and here's the finished product.


 This is the American Jane ABC  quilt kit.



 I used flannel for the backing.  I always use flannel on the back of my baby quilts, but I normally quilt them more tightly.  This one I did a loose stipple because I wanted to get some quilting in the letter blocks, and so the quilt puckered up some.  Hmmm.  I've never had that happen before.  I thinks the flannel is the reason it did that.


 But I don't think the baby will mind.  He will be able to learn his alphabet from this quilt.



9 comments:

  1. That *is* cute. :D Yeah, flannel sure is nice as a backing, isn't it? Soft, fuzzy, warm. . . mmmm :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Adorable! Thanks for linking up to TGIFF!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so cute. I love the retro alpha blocks. Just at cute as it could be!
    Have a wonderful weekend.
    Always, Queenie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Elaine,
    Thank you so much. What a special quilt for Joseph.
    Hannah likes it too :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. We need one like that for the nursery!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I was at his house today and saw this for the first time. How beautiful. He loves the bright primary colors. And Eloise was there too--reading the alphabet on it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. That is just lovely and snuggly!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh! This is seriously cute!!! Thanks for sharing it at Tuesday Archives! This is exactly what I was hoping people would find in the older posts....it's so fun hopping around seeing everyone's previous work! So glad you linked up! V:)

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you. Please feel free to leave a comment.