Monday, July 18, 2011

The Wedding Quilt Continues

The young couple were married Saturday.  But a quilt lasts a lifetime, so I don't mind them getting it late.  When they do get it, it will be a treasure.
Here's the squares put together.  I have just started putting the rows together.


 And the borders are pieced.


Now I've had a double strip sitting on my table this weekend deciding on quilting patterns.


I have a roll of newsprint that I cut and draw on.


 I think I'll keep doing that as I see ideas that I like and put them in a folder all in one spot.  I really like having ideas close at hand.  I've been scouring the internet and going through books.  And trying my own variations like the one below.


 The block here is a variation of the silver fabric.  You can see a close-up of it here.
If you have any good block designs, you can e-mail them to me.  I'm still looking for more ideas.


We're supposed to have a day of summer today.  I sure hope it comes.


3 comments:

  1. What a terrific idea to keep the pieces you sketch out for future playing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Here in Australia, at most of the weddings I've been to, the couple never opens their presents until after the honeymoon anyway so, in essence, all presents are "after the fact".

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haha! I think you have a great idea, too! Thanks for stopping by my blog.

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you. Please feel free to leave a comment.