Thursday, July 1, 2010

Evelyn's Quilt Etc

Evelyn's quilt is moving right along.  The large squares are done.  It takes quite a bit of effort to sew tiny pieces of fabric together, especially 1 inch diagonals.  It lets you appreciate good quilters more.  I had to decide whether to take the time to make it all meet up perfect or just enjoy making it knowing it doesn't have to be perfect.
I've done a little bit of golfing.  I watch professional golfers a lot.  They are good.  They are very good.  I know I'm never going to spend the time, money, or energy to get as good as them.  But let me enjoy driving with my children once in a while.
This quilt is a gift.  I  enjoy seeing it come together as the beautiful picture of it
even though it's not as perfect as it could be.


So when I finished it today, I sat in my rocking chair and worked on the binding for Grace's quilt.  That is pretty relaxing.  I do one side a day and now I'm on day 3.


Here's the bread I'm making for spaghetti.  It's ready to be punched down.  I wonder if I can make a foccacia bread out of this dough?  I guess I'll have to look up a recipe.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you. Please feel free to leave a comment.