Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Paper Dolls

 I went to my local quilt shop and bought this lovely fabric.  I've always liked paper dolls, especially those with the vintage look.











And so I started a new project.  It's not like I needed another one.   I cut out the girl and her dress, lined her with a medium weight interfacing and backed her with flannel.  I bought a strip of magnetic tape and put a couple of pieces inside the girl.  I had to put the magnet on the outside of the dress to make them connect.




















I want to make a background scene for her and her clothing.  I was using these nice new dishtowels my daughter bought for me to figure out sizing.

  Do I want one scene ----











or more?


Some young friends of mine drew me these pictures as ideas for backgrounds.  They are looking forward to a prize.







I  also bought these fabrics at the same shop.  I don't know how I'll use them but I like the vintage look.  Housewives used to wear dresses and heels when they worked in the kitchen with their cute little aprons on.



___________________________________________________________________________________

THE FIRST COMMANDMENT

Thou shalt have no other gods before Me.

What does this mean?  We should fear, love, and trust in God above all things.

from Martin Luther's Small Catechism

2 comments:

  1. What adorable fabric! I like the idea of interchangeable backgrounds for the dolls!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have always like paper dolls. You should try to find some Betsy McCall paper doll fabric.

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you. Please feel free to leave a comment.