Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Candra's Quilt

This is a contemporary pieced quilt.  I myself have never done one like it, although I enjoy looking at them.  They always seemed a little scary to me, mixing bright fabrics and large designs.  Her quilt turned out very nice.  I hung it on the volleyball net.  I had never really seen the quilt as a whole until then.  Very large quilts have to be in a spot where you can stand back from them to see them.
 
 This fabric was very nice and I used the flower design for the basis of the large squares also.


 She used silk for the solid color squares.
 I added this dragonfly.  The quilt has lots of dragonflies including ones she added herself.

 This is the backside.  It is also a very creative job.












__________________________________________________________________________________ 

THE THIRD COMMANDMENT

 Remember the Sabbath day, to keep it holy. (Thou shalt sanctify the holy day.)

 What does this mean?  We should fear and love God that we may not despise preaching and His Word, but hold it sacred and gladly hear and learn it.
 
                                              Martin Luther's Small Catechism

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you. Please feel free to leave a comment.