Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Eva's Quilt


These are the fabrics I chose for Eva's quilt. Since they are being used for applique, I could find small amounts in my stash and then bought the rest to fill in to make more variety.










The stems are being placed on the background.  They make a foundation for the flowers and the leaves. I machine sew one edge on and needleturn the other edge.









I then cut templates from paper of the shapes I want to use and place them on the stem.  I try to work out spacing this way.











Now I'm loosely basting all the fabrics in place.  I can get an idea how it looks and change things as I go.  I like this method - no pins.  I will be needleturn appliqueing this project.
I am really happy with the colors of  this quilt.

2 comments:

  1. I like the choice of fabrics !! Please show us when your done!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the in-depth process pics! I love those colors!

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you. Please feel free to leave a comment.