Monday, January 8, 2018

Hill and Valley Dahlia


 This is one small quilt that is a flop.  But my granddaughters love it.  It is a dahlia that I paper pieced.  Once I did the 16 strips they didn't come together so I did another strip.  They came together but with lots of bumps.  The girls still love it.  So it will become a baby doll blanket if I can make it look decent after quilting.
I did the border the hard way and then looked online and found easier and better ways to do it.  Rule #1.  Look online first before starting a project and see if there are better ways to do things.
So enjoy and laugh.

3 comments:

  1. I'm with your DGDs. Love it - bumps and all.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This will be *so* pretty when it's quilted! I can certainly see why your granddaughters like it so much!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's great! And what's the fun of doing things the easy way :)

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you. Please feel free to leave a comment.