Wednesday, January 10, 2018

New Mixed Quilt Start

I pin a lot of quilts.  I go to those pins for ideas to make for a new quilt.  This is a copy of one of them with some changes. The original is a Jo Morton quilt called Emma's Courtyard.  Mine will copy the same kind of plan, but the applique and some of the squares will be different.  It is such a pretty quilt. If mine comes out looking almost as good I will be happy.
This is one of the applique blocks getting started.


These are the 4" star blocks.  A few of them at least. I found a flying geese tutorial with no waste.  It is the best one I have ever done for flying geese.  They have come out very well.


And these are the 1" when finished half square triangles.  I need lots of  them.  I also found a tutorial with a tube method that I will use for these.



2 comments:

  1. That's a beautiful quilt to improv off of, and your stars are absolutely gorgeous in those fabrics.

    ReplyDelete
  2. January is perfect for starting new projects, don't you agree? I love your stars and your applique.

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you. Please feel free to leave a comment.