Wednesday, December 6, 2017

The Magic Vine

This is a new applique wall hanging that I have recently started.  I found pictures in an old magazine of a couple of people who had done this.  The pattern must have been in an older one that I don't have. So I just made my own pattern copying those pictures.


This is the center portion of the applique


I wanted to use 2 batiks but the store that I went to only had one that I liked for my background color and I chose a tiny print then to contrast it.  That was the best I could do.  I didn't want to shop around.  We don't have many quilt shops around here.
The yellow has what looks like tiny fish all over it.


1 comment:

  1. You found a really pretty batik for the background. The twining in the center is very interesting!

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you. Please feel free to leave a comment.