Tuesday, January 23, 2018

My Finished Hawaiian Quilt


When I took this one off the frame and laid it on the floor to look at it, I almost cried.  It looked so beautiful.  I think it is one of my favorites. 


This piece is hand appliqued throughout. The quilting is traditional for Hawaiian quilts except that I did it on the machine instead of by hand.


A good friend wanted to buy it when she saw it finished. I gave it to her after asking her what she would do with it.  She said she would look at it.




5 comments:

  1. This is one of the prettiest Hawaiian quilts I've seen. Nicely done, Elaine!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Over the years I've made a number of Hawaiian Quilts. I love making them, but yours is probably the most beautiful I've ever seen. Great job.

    Darlene

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your quilt is lovely! You must love your friend very much. I would have been selfish and kept it for myself.

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you. Please feel free to leave a comment.