Friday, January 19, 2018

It's Amazing What Quilting Can Do


This is my dahlia quilt finished.  It is one of the worst pieced quilts that I have ever done.  It had all kinds of hills and valleys in it.  But now it's quilted and of course it has puckers but it does look pretty nice despite those peaks.  It came out much better than I thought it would.



Since it's pink and their "favorite" aunt grows dahlia's, I decided to give it to my granddaughters.  I thought they could use it as a baby quilt, but they really like it and their mom hung it up for them on their wall.


I used a freezer paper method.  It didn't make a complete circle with 16 sections, so I added a 17th.  I still had lots of problems, so I added a nice center circle.




I should have also looked for a tutorial for the border, but of course I did that after I had started and just went on with my wonky method.


Aren't they sweet?



3 comments:

  1. Awwww. Your granddaughters are so big! I can't remember her name right now, but I remember when the older one was itty itty bitty and you were making things for her! Kudos on you for not tossing this in the cupboard to be forgotten because of its problems. I have never been able to keep perfect accuracy with the freezer paper method, so I've gone back to "normal" paper piecing. Your dahlia is pretty, and the center circle adds to its look nicely.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on beautiful finish! Your granddaughters are sweet for sure! Thanks for linking up with TGIFF ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. It turned out lovely. Such sweet granddaughters. You are blessed.

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you. Please feel free to leave a comment.