I went into my scraps and picked out colorful prints to use for these potholders. Then I found fabrics to coordinate with them. I checked out my potholder board and my quilt block board on pinterest and came up with these potholders.
This one was supposed to be more contrasty. I'll try it again with the right kind of fabrics next time.
You can really see the zig-zagy lines on the quilting on these. My machine has rebelled and only zig-zags any more. But I came up with a solution for that.
Here is my solution to the wavy lines. A new sewing machine. It was so frustrating to quilt these hotpads that I just had to go out and get a new machine. I'm really enjoying it.