Monday, December 31, 2012

Take a curtain......

and make some placemats.


 I slit the curtain panel lengthwise in half.  I loaded top and bottom onto my longarm with batting and quilted.


 I cut the quilted piece into 4 ovals and I still have some left for a topper of some kind. When my friend decides to leave the sun,sand, and fish tacos (I'm dreaming again), then she'll let me know what size topper she wants.


 I then made a bias binding cutting 2 1/4" strips.  That's a little narrower than quilt binding.


And now there are 4 nice, new, out of old, placemats


Eloise is playing the guitar. And singing Away in a Manger.  It's her favorite song right now.


3 comments:

  1. Beautiful. I love making new things out of old. Reminds me of Chesterton's essay The Romance of Thrift. You would like it I think.

    ReplyDelete
  2. New follower. What a neat fun idea! Love your blog! I would love for you to visit my linky party going on now at http://wallisfarmsdailywalk.blogspot.com/2013/01/blog-post.html

    Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you. Please feel free to leave a comment.