Thursday, December 27, 2012

Iris Applique

We went away for a few days over Christmas.  This was my time for working on the iris applique quilt.
The start of it was on my last weekend away with my husband.
For a couple of Sundays, during football games (GO SEAHAWKS!!!) I was cutting out about 300 peices for this quilt and put them in numerical order into bags.


 You can see my lunchbox that I keep the project in. Cute, isn't it?

 There are several small appliques along the sides.  You can see I have a missing piece.  It wasn't in it's proper spot, but I'm sure I'll find it later.  I would get 9's and 6's mixed up and sometime the top of a 7 would get cut off, so it looks like a 1.  Oh, well.....



 This is the start of the center applique.  The quilt has two large pieces that you seam down the center.  I'm going to wait til it's mostly done to do that. It makes it easier to work with.


The sunrise at Seaside OR



2 comments:

  1. Beautiful sunrise and beautiful applique progress.
    Have a great day.
    Always, Queenie

    ReplyDelete
  2. The irises don't look like anything while you are working on them but I like how they turn out!

    Did Eloise have a good Christmas? My grandsons are having theirs spread out over several days (the main one is tomorrow) and they are having a great time!

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you. Please feel free to leave a comment.