Thursday, October 20, 2011

Ode to the Thirties - Squares almost done


I have all but 3 squares for this quilt finished.  I had them all cut out before and got them sewn last week.
The first shown is the 12" square I did at my quilt guild and then finished at home.  I love this square, mostly because I enjoy applique so much.


Here are the 6" squares.  I did have one 9" square which had applique, but when I washed the blue marker out , the red ran.  Now I know the care this quilt will need.  I usually test my fabrics before I cut them, but I must have missed that one.

 And then there are multiples of three inch squares.





I may work ahead on Nov. and Dec. squares just because I want to get it done.  One woman in our guild had the whole quilt done and showed it last month.  It was beautiful.  It gets me excited to get mine done.  We'll see.

What's happening here?


Tune in tomorrow for the story behind this picture.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you. Please feel free to leave a comment.