After tracing the design onto my fabric, I loaded the batting on my machine. I made the mistake of going to buy my batting at the last minute and neither of the stores had what I wanted, although I'd seen it the week before in one of them. They had sold out. So I bought 2 medium loft polyester battings and put them together to make one thick one. That seems to be working. Here it is with the top on my machine.
I used a blue pen that had a thin line and it wasn't always easy to see, so I marked the difficult spots with my purple air-erasable as I went. Next time I'll buy a felt tipped blue marker. They work much better.
This work goes pretty quickly as I only outline the design where I'm going to cut.