Thursday, June 25, 2009

This is a customer quilt that I just completed. It is a memory quilt and she just wanted to have me do a large stipple.This is a traditional Hawaiian pineapple quilt that I am starting to cut out. I saw the fabric (a Splash Citrus one) and to me it said pineapple. I've had it a while thinking I was going to do something else with it, but then just decided on Tradition. It will be about 5' square if I remember correctly.
I also decided to chalk the pattern on instead of a paper pattern, which is what I normally do. I think chalk works just fine as long as I don't take to long to cut it out. The rotary cutter doesn't work too well through all 8 layers, but I do have a sharp scissors. It is pretty scary to make the first cut, because you have to be sure you have the fabric folded correctly.


2 comments:

  1. Hi Elaine;
    What fun! I love hand appliqué and have made two items from patterns by Elizabeth Root. I can see many pleasant hours ahead of you!

    Rochelle

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just found your blog, and I love it! I have always wanted to do a memory quilt, and yours is inspiring me.
    Micki

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you. Please feel free to leave a comment.