Monday, June 29, 2009

Hawaiian Pineapple

Here it is layed out on my design wall (floor) freshly mopped. I have it pinned somewhat so I can start the needleturn applique. I will probably save it for our vacation in a couple of weeks. It is a good poolside project in 110 degree weather. St. George Utah.My daughter made these cupcakes with a couple of young girls last evening. Instead of making them all like normal cupcakes, she put these in tart pans and baked them. I think they are much better than cupcakes, not so caky. More frosting to the bite? Fatter also? But very tasty.


1 comment:

  1. I too love to make Hawaiian quilts. And, I frequently do so using non-traditional quilt prints & colors.

    Your quilt is going to be absolutely beautiful. Great design and choice of fabrics. Can't wait to see it when it is finished.....but I know, from experience, that won't happen over night.

    Thanks for sharing.

    SewCalGal
    www.sewcalgal.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you. Please feel free to leave a comment.