Wednesday, November 9, 2016

African Quilt

I am making a quilt for a young girl whose father does safaris in Africa.  So she is over there quite a bit and has collected T-shirts and scarves from that country.  Her mom has contracted me to make a quilt for her bed from these fabrics.
This is one of the scarves.  I am using it for the sashing and borders.


I have made most of the other scarves into these log cabin blocks using the shirts as the centers.  They are pretty bright and wild.


I'm glad I was able to incorporate some of the fringe into it.


I even have some animal looking fabric.  The end result will be coming soon.


1 comment:

  1. That will be an interesting quilt. A little conflicting seeing beautiful scarves cut up, but they do add an interesting element especially with the fringe. Looking forward to seeing it finished.

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you. Please feel free to leave a comment.