Tuesday, December 15, 2015

Long, Long Scarf


My daughter saw a scarf that she wanted me to knit.  It was one for sale on Etsy so there was no pattern.  I searched some for something similar and found a pattern. a free one also, that looked the same.  So here I went knitting.  First I used a yarn that I ordered online that was not soft.  So off to the store I went to find something.  I found 2 yarns that I put together and came up with this nice soft,soft scarf.
This picture gives you the correct look of the softness and the color.  The others had different lighting and weren't quite so nice.


 My daughter wanted large, square wooden buttons and that's what she got.  They were pretty pricey.
This scarf is 8' long and wraps around about 3 times.



 I'm not sure I'm a good wrapper, but I think she  can handle it.
Ravelry link.  You can find out more about the yarns and link to the pattern also.


3 comments:

  1. wow, what a lovely scarf!!! the colour is like a muted shimmer and those buttons are just perfect! she'll love it I am sure!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Everyone loves a big, long scarf! It looks beautiful! I bet she will get a lot of use out of it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is just the perfect scarf! I love the depth of the stitch pattern and the shade of grey is so crisp and flattering! Well, and those buttons are worth every penny!

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you. Please feel free to leave a comment.