I bought 1 1/2 yards of 2 fabrics to make a bag with. I don't know why I bought more than I needed - maybe I didn't want to run out. I made this bag which you saw in this post. I bought the pattern from Geta here.
Afterwards I decided to make things and see how many items I could make from these to fabrics (plus a lining fabric that was already in my stash).
I recently gained an IPad and thought an IPad cover would be a good thing. I found this tutorial which I modified to suit the look that I wanted. I'm ready to try more of these.
I did my own quilting on this which didn't work to well, especially as the fabric is so busy you can't see it anyway.
It has a pocket in front for your cord and a velcro closure.
I also made a small zippered bag. I like the gathered look. It's free tutorial is here.
It even has pockets inside.
I do like fabric softie toys. But notice this elephant has only 2 legs. I might change the pattern to a 4 legged creature. I figure this one can be a pillow. The pattern is here. I did round him up a bit and added the curve to his trunk.
And last I made this bag. It's a flat bag and the seams (which I serged) do show on the inside. I think I would change these next time. But I do like the look of the front of the bag. I made it about an inch smaller than the pattern, not having quite enough to make it the right size. After this bag was done, I only had scraps left. Pattern is here.
Here they all are. These are Moda fabrics - Fandango by Kate Spain.