Next I scavenged into a can the run off from the blue and pink. I twisted some fabric into a very thick knot, and covered it with the dark purplish from the scavenged dye. I opened it up to let it dry, then tied it into another knot with different folds and put pink dye in it. This is the result.
Friday, May 29, 2009
I thought I'd get a picture of our house with the beautiful flowers out front. The weather is so enjoyable right now we have to spend all our time outside. You see there a glimpse of my daughter Veronica sewing a dress for a customer.Veronica was dying some crocheted lace yesterday and it looked so easy, so I decided to try some myself. I got some muslim and wrapped it around a wine bottle and tied it with some yarn. I make sure it was not smooth, but bunched up. Then I poured blue dye on part of it and pink on the other and let them flow into each other. Very simple and fun.