Monday, October 16, 2017

Teal Bird Baby Quilt

This is a baby quilt that I started a couple months ago.  I am copying a picture from a magazine that I had with some changes.  I don't know who it's for yet, so I won't complete it until a baby is born that I want to give it to.  I think I'll give it to a girl.


 The center came together quickly especially as it had a pattern. The applique border was the big difference from the picture.  I came up with my own idea for that looking at many borders online.


Becasue of the red in some of the squares, I decided to use a little red in the border.


When I know who it's for, I will have a name embroidered onto the quilt.


1 comment:

  1. That applique border adds so much fun and whimsy to the quilt, and I love the colors. Hope you get to give it to a baby soon. It's too pretty to have to wait for long to be used and loved! :) Thanks for sharing your quilt on Main Crush Monday!

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you. Please feel free to leave a comment.