Monday, February 8, 2016

A Quiet Book Cover


Not only am I knitting for coming grandbabies, I decided to work on quiet books also.  I'm going to take my time as I have a lot of  time before they will really enjoy them.  So I did the cover last week for the first book.  I copied it entirely for this Russian mom's blog.  She does beautiful work. 

Here is mine.


I backed the background fabric with a medium weight interfacing.  It made it nice and stiff.


It took me a couple of hours for 3 days to complete this page.  It was really a lot of fun.
Now I'm collecting pins of other pages all over the web that I like and will pick my favorites to change and copy.
The great thing is that there is no pressure to get it done right now.

1 comment:

  1. I too am working on busy books for my grandchild and have fallen under the spell of the beautiful books made by the Russian moms. My question is, how do they . get the stitching so perfect. I've been sewing all my life but am struggling with these tiny pieces. Any suggestions? Peggy

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you. Please feel free to leave a comment.