Monday, January 11, 2016

Hawaiian Breadfruit Wallhanging

I have a blank space on a wall that I usually have always hung a Hawaiian wallhanging.  The other pictures in the room are mostly Hawaiian and so that is why I like that theme in the room. For some reason, whatever was last there, is gone.  Now we've changed the rug and furniture in the room so we actually have a color scheme now.  Yellow walls, gray rug and furniture with curtains and pillows having touches of yellow and dark blue.  So this is what I have come up with.


 I don't remember where I got the pattern as I cut it out quite a while ago. I have books. I was also given lots of patterns and I have a Hawaiian quilt pinterest board.  So it could be any of those.  I did have to adjust the pattern to make it the size that I wanted, so I ended up making my own.  That I remember.  Above is how I pin it on the background fabric.


 At this point, a good part of it is finished.  It is all needleturn applique.  Come back later for finished pictures.


2 comments:

  1. My, that is a wonderful piece you are working on. Lots of work but well worth it!

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you. Please feel free to leave a comment.