Tuesday, October 13, 2015

Summer Flies Shawl

Summer has flown and fall is definitely here.  The rain is come and the leaves are falling.  Another nice thing is looking at all the spider webs that come around this time of year.  The spiders really know how to do intricate construction.
This shawl is also intricate construction and very beautiful.


 I am using up yarns that I've had laying around for a long time.  This is a Pisgah Honeysuckle that isn't made anymore.  So I needed to use it.  The pattern calls for a thicker yarn.  In using this sport weight yarn, I figured I would have to add rows to the pattern.  I did repeats of the 2 center sections another time each and added a lot more increases that way.


 This project never got boring and I had just enough  yarn with a little left over.  I wasn't sure if I'd be able to do the picot border, but I did end up having enough.  Those last rows are long and you don't want to have to change things because you run out too soon.


This is definitely one that I would try again.

4 comments:

  1. So pretty! I love your yarn color. I made a Summer Flies a few years ago as a birthday gift for my grandma. It was such a fun pattern to knit! I loved how each section changed and kept things interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very pretty and I love the yarn color too,

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's so pretty! I love the color, and the yarn looks so wonderfully soft.

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you. Please feel free to leave a comment.