Friday, July 5, 2013

Iris Applique Quilt

This  quilt is off my quilting frame, all bound, and even washed.


 This kit was given to me by a customer who decided she would never end up sewing this quilt.


 I love applique, so it was a great project for me.


 I even discovered I had a magazine that sold the kit.  The kit was selling in 1980.


 You can see the blue dots on the quilt did not wash out.  Is it because it's old?


 I changed the quilting a little.  I scribbled in the crosshatches to make things stand out more and added lines to the straight lines for the same reason.



8 comments:

  1. Just gorgeous. I hope the dots fade with time. Just a whole lot of WOW is in this quilt!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. More often than not the dots did not wash out--even when the kits were new. I do not know if they will gradually fade over the course of multiple washings.
    I've always loved that pattern--but never bought one of the kits.
    Yours is so beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful work! So glad your customer gave you the kit. It needed a perfect home.
    Have a great day.
    Always, Queenie

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is beautiful, Elaine! You did a great job!! Whoop whoop!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my.....what an amazingly splendorous quilt!! It quite simply takes my breath away!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Just stunning. You must be so pleased!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looking for pattern for this quilt. Can anyone help?

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you. Please feel free to leave a comment.