Friday, May 31, 2013

Hawaiian Turtles

My finish this week is the turtle wallhanging that I appliqued in Hawaii.  When one goes to Hawaii and is a  quilter, one must do an Hawaiian quilt. 


 It is officially called "A Herd of Turtles" and the pattern can be purchased here.


 This was very fun and easy to do.  Since it was my second time doing it, I had all the freezer paper patterns all made ahead of time.




 This is the back side.  I bought the fabric in Hawaii to go on the back.


I made waves in the water.


 And pebbled the blue on the turtle shell.






2 comments:

  1. Very lovely and peaceful. Love what you selected for the back.

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh that is so pretty! I love turtles!
    Thanks for linking up :)

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you. Please feel free to leave a comment.