It took a while for me to like bishop dresses, but as I kept seeing them on other blogs, I grew to really like them. Some things take time to like. So now I've made one for Juliet. I started back in June.
It was a learning process. I followed Sewnsew's tutorial and checked out other websites also for detail and instructions. I used the Children's Corner bishop pattern and bought a lawn fabric. It is a very lightweight fabric and went through the pleater easily with the serged seams.
I still have things to practice in my smocking. The neck edge is not good. I ripped it out my piping and did it three times. But the smocking up there also needs improvement.
The sleeves don't come together as tightly as the yoke. I guess that's the way it's supposed to be. I do have someone in my quild who smocks and helps me, but she's never done a bishop dress.
Juliet loves to smile and laugh, but when I'm holding a camera in front of my face, that's just not the same thing as me making faces at her. So she just looks. She is a precious child of God.
Check out Link It Up Thursday for more crafty ideas.