Tuesday, April 17, 2018

My Hawaiian Quilt

This is a finish after many weeks of applique.  Now it is on my bed.



This is a king size quilt.  I pieced fabrics together to make it work.  I love batiks and that is why I went with them.


My basting method was safety pins. It does take a lot.  My applique turned out to be loose as I noticed when I went to quilt.  I did the quilting on my longarm.  I have some puckers because of my loose applique.  I never had that problem before.  Maybe it's just from getting older.  



  The rest of the pics are random closeups that I took while my husband and son were patiently holding this quilt up


The pattern is one I drew from a pic of one that I liked on pinterest.




2 comments:

  1. Beautiful Hawaiian quilt! I made two tifaifai (Tahitian patchwork, just a top, not quilted) and I know how long this job can be!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow. That looks like so much work. It's beautiful.

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you. Please feel free to leave a comment.