Wednesday, November 1, 2017

My Dahlia Try

My daughter grew dahlias for the first time this year.  They did great and she gave a lot of bouquets away to friends in the neighborhood.  My granddaughters also got into it and helped. It was a lot of fun.  
So I thought I'd try to make a dahlia  wallhanging.  Since I chose pinks I told the little girls that they could have it to hang in their room.  They always get excited about the things I quilt and they are looking forward to this.
But it does have problems.  I'll have to see if I get them worked out.


A you can see, things didn't come together in the center correctly.  I looked at it with my paper pattern and now I am redoing the center dark pink to line up with the paper.  I just rip out that small seam and line it up correctly.  We'll see if that all works out properly.


Here's Eloise ready to go out with her flower wagon.


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you. Please feel free to leave a comment.