Tuesday, November 21, 2017

It's Cold Outside and Time for Hats

I'm knitting hats and not baby hats this time.  i'm knitting them for prizes for sewing class students in our business.  I don't teach, I just make prizes.
Clara is my 4 year old model.  Some are a little big for her and some fit fine.  The girls taking sewing lessons are between 4 -9  so they should all work.

This is one I made up the pattern for.  It was rather fun.  Fair Isle work is challenging and produces really nice hats.





This was an easy pattern using a very soft cotton thick and thin bulky yarn.  Bulky hats knit up fast and this one is very nice. As you can see, it's a little large for Clara and it is the child sized pattern. 




This one is also a little large for her but I knit the fair isle rather tight.  Hmmmm.....  I'm learning how to loosen it up.  Again it's a chunky yarn and fast knit.





Natalie is also wearing a hat too large for her.  It would fit a small child. Another fair isle.





This is a newborn hat that I knit. It's a fingering yarn polka dot style.




As you can see, I like pom-poms also.  I bought a pom-pom maker from Hobby Lobby and now these are the easiest things to make.  And everyone likes pom-poms.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you. Please feel free to leave a comment.