Wednesday, March 9, 2016

A New Little Baby Blanket

My daughter -in-law sent me a picture of a blanket she saw in a store that she really liked.  So I copied it for her.


 I went to Joann's and found a nice, soft bulky yarn.  Then I looked at the picture ant counted how many stitches were in the cable.  I made a little practice swatch to see how many cables I would need to make a blanket the width I wanted


When I actually did the real thing, the blanket compressed with the cables so it was narrower than I prefer.  But it will work.


This is one blanket that I think I'll make again.  I really like it.


My Ravelry link.  I have put on it basically how I created the blanket.

4 comments:

  1. Well, that's pretty awesome of you! I've never tried recreating a pattern by just looking at it but I guess, why not?!

    ReplyDelete
  2. that's really lovely! a treasured blanket!!! * The flower bouquet in your last picture is so beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Are you willing to share your pattern? I love it!

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you. Please feel free to leave a comment.