Tuesday, September 18, 2018

Hawaii Here We Come


This is my newest Hawaiian quilt.  I never gave it a name.  It was for our bed and so I wanted more neutral colors.  
This is my entry in Amy's Blogger Quilt Festival.  Check it out for many more quilts to be seen.



Pinning the pattern on.  I think I copied this from a photo I had pinned on Pinterest.  This was started in January 2017.



You only need to make a pattern for 1/8th of the quilt.  The folding of the fabric, kind of like making snowflakes, makes it easy to do.



Pinning the pattern onto the fabric takes some time as you have all those little cutouts that are part of the big piece.  Keeping it straight and not tangled and then flat on the fabric takes patience and time.



But then once that is done, the fun part comes, which is the applique.



Now it's ready for the quilting.  It did it traditional style on my longarm.


This quilt was finished in April 2018.  It took over a year to complete it.




'

17 comments:

  1. It's absolutely beautiful. Such a wonderful job!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. An incredibly beautiful quilt - amazing work!

    ReplyDelete
  3. be still my heart...i love this! i made a hawaiian too and you are so right...applique is the fun part!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful! I am in awe of your appliqué and quilting skills!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So wonderful! That is a lot of applique, but so worth it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow! My mouth dropped open when seeing it for the first time and I am still stunned! Thank you for sharing! So lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I know what it is to make an Hawaiian quilt, and yours is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Absolutely Stunning! Very beautiful color combination and excellent applique'

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such a soft and lacey look, nicely done.

    My Best To You,
    LuAnn Kessi in Western Oregon
    https://luannkessi.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is stunning. Hawaiian quilts always intimidate me! Yours is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  11. The colors are so peaceful. Was this done needle turn applique? Oh my, what time it must have taken. Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a patience you must have - looks really good :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Very pretty. I like the subtle color choice, too.

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you. Please feel free to leave a comment.