Tuesday, September 4, 2018

Eloise

This is my oldest granddaughter Eloise.  I have been making things for her this summer that she has asked for.  
She asked for a new apron.  All the other aprons are too small for her how, so she said.  Her sisters can wear them.  She said she wanted a half apron.  I asked her how she was going to keep her shirt clean.  I need whole aprons myself.  She wants half.


We went through pinterest and picked one out to copy.  Then we went to my stash and this is what we came up with.  It is plenty long so it should last her a while.


I also knitted her this sweater.  This is a pattern that I had purchased a while back and used before.  I really like it.


I used a knitpicks cotton on it.  


This lacey edge is what I really like about it.




And then she wanted a poncho.  I made a paper pattern for sizing.  Then I knitted 2 rectangular pieces the size of the paper pattern.  Knitting stretches.  Paper doesn't.  The opening on the poncho was way too large.


So I machine sewed two darts in it.  One in front and one in back.  It doesn't look too bad.


Now she is ready for fall.


1 comment:

  1. She's adorable in her apron. Gramma did a good job!Is she in school yet? I like the sweater also. Very nice color on her with the red hair and complexion. The poncho looks good,also. You did a great job of alteration on it. Take care!

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you. Please feel free to leave a comment.