Wednesday, May 9, 2018

My Quilt Progress


This is a quilt I started in January.  It's not very large but it's a low priority quilt.  It has applique and piecing. The applique is nice for those weekends my husband and I go away or just sitting around listening to him read to me.  It has been slow and has a few problems.
It is a copy of Emma's Courtyard by Jo Morton with some changes.  The applique is quite different. 
My center squares ended up being a little different sized than what I had originally planned.  The outer border then didn't turn out quite the right size as I started it before I realized that I would have to cut down the center squares. So I will cut some off of each end if it.  It should work.


This is another applique border that is just getting started.  I had to make sure how the others would fit before I started it, but we were going away so I needed some applique to work on.


This was our view when we went away.  Isn't it beautiful? 


2 comments:

  1. Beautiful view for sure! We would like to go with you next time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you managed to get away to such a beautiful spot Elaine and hope you managed to sit out there on the chairs and do some applqiue or was it to cold to sit out side?????? Cheers Glenda

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you. Please feel free to leave a comment.