Monday, February 24, 2014

Potholders

I've been sewing potholders the last few days.  They are a way to use up scraps and make great gifts.  And they are so quick and easy to do.
Notice I didn't get the herringbone to line up.  I should have cut my pieces a little longer and then lined them up and square them off.  I didn't do that.


 The backside is birds.


Wanted to use some Hawaiian fabrics on this one. This is a block called the 
Lemoyne Star.  There are several tutorials online for this.  I made my own size, so I had to do my own figuring.



 I'm not sure how I came up with this idea.  I just wanted to make sure I could get a complete cupcake in the center of the square. 

1 comment:

  1. I love those potholders! I've made a few this year and plan on doing more for gifts also. Thanks for the tutorial link.

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you. Please feel free to leave a comment.