I've been sewing potholders the last few days. They are a way to use up scraps and make great gifts. And they are so quick and easy to do.
Notice I didn't get the herringbone to line up. I should have cut my pieces a little longer and then lined them up and square them off. I didn't do that.
The backside is birds.
Wanted to use some Hawaiian fabrics on this one. This is a block called the
Lemoyne Star. There are several tutorials online for this. I made my own size, so I had to do my own figuring.
I'm not sure how I came up with this idea. I just wanted to make sure I could get a complete cupcake in the center of the square.