Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Quilting with clothing

I am making 3 quilts like this one for a customer. She is having them made from her mother's dresses in memory of her. These first three are from the pinks and purples in her wardrobe. She was a woman who sewed her only clothing and was very good at it. It's hard to find a good design working with specific fabrics that don't necessarily go with each other, but I think this is working rather well. My customer is coming today and we will work out border details, and some shortage details (since I only have so much fabric that is in a jacket or shirt that is usable). I hope she likes the look of it.

2 comments:

  1. It is great! She will love it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loved loved loved these quilts you made, it is not easy to do what you have done; you must have a great eye for colour. Congratulations on 3 beautiful quilts. CHeers Glenda Down Under

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you. Please feel free to leave a comment.