Friday, December 19, 2014

For Unto Us a Child is Born


This is the Nativity quilt that I have been working on for a while.  A friend of mine started it several months back by having the idea, enlarging the pattern and choosing the fabrics.  I was helping her with the process.  Then she decided she wasn't going to get to it and asked me if I'd like to do it.  I thought that was a great idea.  I've had a lot of fun with it.


 I outlined the main pieces on a piece of interfacing.  Then I cut the fabric to fit and ironed it on.  It was a lot of cutting and ironing.


 I then cut very narrow strips of a fusible black fabric that I used for the outline, etc.


 I had some fuzzy fabric for the sheep.





 This is now hanging in our church vestibule.


And Simeon blessed them, and said unto Mary his mother, Behold, this child is set for the fall and rising again of many in Israel; and for a sign which shall be spoken against;  (Yea, a sword shall pierce through thy own soul also,) that the thoughts of many hearts may be revealed."
Luke 2. 34,35

6 comments:

  1. What a stunning piece! There's so much great detail. I'm glad you enjoyed the process. I'm afraid I wouldn't have the patience for that much detail. :-) Thanks for linking up with me for TGIFF this week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW!! Very impressive. Just beautiful. I love the detail and the stained glass look. such a lot of work.
    Very nice.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's great! I love it, the choice of design, colours... great job!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the stained glass effect. well worth the effort!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the rich colors and all the skinny black lines.

    ReplyDelete
  6. A great deal of work, but a lovely piece. And a fitting place for it to be hanging.

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you. Please feel free to leave a comment.