Monday, July 8, 2013

Batiking It

A woman gave my quilt guild quite a few quilt kits that she had and I guess wasn't going to use.  We are going to sell those kits to make money for the guild, but one kit I took home to put together because it would make a nice teen quilt for a foster grad.  So that's what this is.


This quilt has lots of lovely batiks.  I always enjoy batiks.   I cut a lot of 6 1/2" squares.


 And then I made a lot of simple log cabins.  This quilt is totally scrappy with the given batiks.


Put them together and this is the start of the look.
It's a great quilt to keep close to my sewing machine and work on when I have just a few minutes.  No concentration or planning, just pick it up when there's time and it comes along.
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you. Please feel free to leave a comment.