Saturday, May 18, 2013

Blogger's Quilt Festival Entry - Violets Quilt

This is one I made for a friend of mine.  She had a baby she named Violet and so it had to be Violet.
As is my course, I am not original.  I get all my ideas from somewhere.  This is one I pinned and wanted to try with some changes. 


 A friend of mine did the embroidery.


 You can go to this post and this post to see progress.  I did learn some things about sewing strips to keep them from getting all skewed.  I couldn't figure out why sewing straight strips wouldn't come out straight.  It's all to do with pinning so the top fabric doesn't pull more than the bottom fabric.  Ho,ho, now I know.


 Here's Violet on her quilt.


And here's the quilt festival link.  Stop by and enjoy all the quilts.

AmysCreativeSide.com

6 comments:

  1. What a sweet quilt for such an adorable little princess!

    ReplyDelete
  2. All art is derivative. You made this quilt your own, so don't sell yourself short. I love how it came out. I really love the yellow Fairy Frost and the pretty swirly quilting in it. Your appliqué is really pretty! What a sweet gift! And that little Violet is a darling girl!

    xo -E

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a pretty quilt, Elaine. The violets add that little bit of extra pizzazz, don't they?

    ReplyDelete
  4. How gorgeous and I love little violet in your photos, beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Absolutely darling! And the quilting is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you. Please feel free to leave a comment.